This program is designed for 9 to 12 year olds who want to get their hands dirty! Our focuses are teaching healthy eating practices and shaping an understanding of where our food comes from.
Activities will include
- gardening onsite at the Burning Kumquat
- demonstrations given by local farmers, artists, and chefs
- selling the produce that we grow
- arts & crafts projects
- team building activities
- one or two field trips per session
- daily lunch and snacks provided by us
Anyone between the ages of 9 and 12.
The Burning Kumquat, Washington University’s student-run organic garden, located on the corner of Forsyth Boulevard and Shepley Drive.
When: Three two-week sessions during 2016:
Session I: June 13 – June 24
Session II: June 27 – July 8
Session III: July 11 – July 22
Drop-off window: Between 8:30am and 9:00am
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.