The most important thing to us is your safety, and the one of others. We are implementing garden rules to keep everyone healthy as you enjoy gardening and being outside. If you will be volunteering with us, please keep in mind these important guidelines.
- If you are sick or think you may have been exposed to someone else who is sick, do not come into the garden.
- Keep a minimum of 6 feet of distance between yourself and those around you. Avoid touching your face.
- Wear gloves at all times in the garden. Gloves will be provided for your use.
- Bring your own tools to use if you have them, and wear gloves at all times if you’re using tools from the shed.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Use bleach solution to sanitize community items (such as the hose/faucet, tools, etc.) as well as high-touch surfaces (shed handle & shelves, hose, entry gate) before leaving the garden.
- Harvest produce using scissors and gloved hands.
- If you are taking produce with you, bring your own bag, and do not mix bags.
These are sanitizing specifications provided by the US Environmental Protection Agency:
Disinfect surfaces (i.e. bins, buckets, tools, doorknobs, etc.) on a regular basis using bleach solution. Wash tools prior to disinfecting with bleach to remove organic matter. To make bleach solution (as directed by the EPA, and is more concentrated than normal bleach to target COVID-19), measure 5 tablespoons of bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water. We will keep this solution stocked and ready for your use, but in case of emergency, these supplies should be in the shed.